The history of the Relais Fattoria
Vignale is linked with the history of the Chianti wine.
The first historical records date back to the 18th century;
in 1773 after a visit to the Chianti region, Peter Leopold
Grand Duke of Lorraine wrote about the Falconi Family -
at that time owners of the Vignale - "...they are trading
and sending wine to England..."
The Pianigiani Family who succeded the Falconis greatly
developed the wine production.
In August 1924 Baldassarre Pianigiani, the "Notary" of Chianti,
created the "Gallo Nero" (Black Roaster) and drew up on
the estate itself the deed of partnership of the Consortium
for the defence of the typical wine "Chianti Classico".
Vignale is to this day the legal seat of the "Consortium
Vino Chianti Classico" as well as of the "Centre of historical
studies of the Chainti region".