History, wine and…..much more!
Be ready for a truly special and unusual day where you will enjoy history and fine wines. This is an exclusive tour visiting a well-known Chianti Classico estate called “Villa Sesta” and the charming medieval village of San Gusmè.
Here is our offer, which will enable you to fully enjoy a very exciting day:
- A short stop in the ancient village of Villa Sesta and a visit to the Peasant Art Museum, owned by the ‘Villa a Sesta’ Winery, where you can admire ancient agricultural equipment .
- One kilometre further on, there will be a guided tour of the cellars of the ‘Villa a Sesta’ Winery followed by a wine tasting of the following wines:
- Chianti Superiore DOCG Ripaltella
- Chianti Classico DOCG Il Palei
- Chianti Classico DOCG Riserva
- IGT Toscana Rosso VAS
- Chianti Classico Gran Selezione DOCG Sorleone
- All accompanied by a board of Tuscan cold cuts and cheeses.
- After leaving the winery and you will reach the small but charming fortified village of San Gusmé, approximately 2 km away, that overlooks the valley below from the hilltop and from where you can catch a glimpse of Siena on the horizon, and from where you will be able to make out the unmistakable Torre del Mangia and the Cathedral.
- In San Gusmé, in a typical Tuscan inn, the Sira & Remino Osteria, you will be able to savour a lunch of a variety of mixed salads with fresh mozzarella, a dish of pasta with a meat sauce or alternatively a “vegetarian” first course, and then a dessert or ice cream, all accompanied by our excellent Chianti Classico ‘Gallo Nero’ Castello San Donato in Perano, mineral water and coffee.
- Later, return to the Vignale to relax in your room or by the side of the swimming pool. Either way you will enjoy a complimentary bottle of excellent chilled Prosecco.
- And furthermore, if you wish to book a table for dinner in our restaurant before leaving the hotel for this rather special outing, you will benefit, just for that day, from a 20% discount on all the dishes listed on the Special Grill Menu.
Furthermore, if you wish to book a table dinner before your departure on this tour in the Vignale Restaurant, you will benefit from a 20% discount on all the dishes listed on the Special Grill Menu
- 09.30am – Departure from the Relais Vignale
- 10.15am – Arrival at Villa a Sesta and a brief visit to the Peasant Art Museum
- 10.45am – Arrival at the Villa a Sesta Winery, guided tour to the Cellars and tasting of their local production
- 1pm – Arrival at San Gusmè and visit of the village
- 1.30pm – Lunch in the Sira & Remino Osteria
- 2.30/3pm – Departure from San Gusmè and arrival at the Relais Vignale after approximately 50 minutes
PRICE INCLUDING TRANSFER (Min. 2 – Max. 8 Persons)
2 persons Euro 195 per head
4 persons Euro 165 per head
6 persons Euro 145 per head
8 persons Euro 135 per head
The price is per person and included all mentioned services.