WINE TOUR: A SMALL MEDIEVAL VILLAGE, A WINERY AND…..MUCH MORE!
Be ready for a truly special and unusual day where you will enjoy history and fine wines. This is an exclusive tour visiting a well-known Chianti Classico estate called “Villa Sesta” and the charming medieval village of San Gusmè.
Here is our offer, which will enable you to fully enjoy a very exciting day:
- A short stop in the ancient village of Villa Sesta and a visit to the Peasant Art Museum, owned by the ‘Villa a Sesta’ Winery, where you can admire ancient agricultural equipment.
- One kilometre further on, there will be a guided tour of the cellars of the ‘Villa a Sesta’ Winery followed by a wine tasting of the following wines:
- Chianti Superiore DOCG Ripaltella
- Chianti Classico DOCG Il Palei
- Chianti Classico DOCG Riserva
- IGT Toscana Rosso VAS
- Chianti Classico Gran Selezione DOCG Sorleone
- All accompanied by a board of Tuscan cold cuts and cheeses.
- After leaving the winery and you will reach the small but charming fortified village of San Gusmé, approximately 2 km away, that overlooks the valley below from the hilltop and from where you can catch a glimpse of Siena on the horizon, and from where you will be able to make out the unmistakable Torre del Mangia and the Cathedral.
- In San Gusmé, in a typical Tuscan inn, the Sira & Remino Osteria, you will be able to savour a lunch of a variety of mixed salads with fresh mozzarella, a dish of pasta with a meat sauce or alternatively a “vegetarian” first course, and then a dessert or ice cream, all accompanied by our excellent Chianti Classico ‘Gallo Nero’ Castello San Donato in Perano, mineral water and coffee.
- Later, return to the Vignale to relax in your room or by the side of the swimming pool. Either way you will enjoy a complimentary bottle of excellent chilled Prosecco.